Time for a little secret. You would think someone silly enough to post recipes on the internet would have no expectations of keeping secrets. You think wrong. This dish is so good, so easy to make and so simple I don't want you to share the recipe. Unless you are sharing it with someone who knows the secret AgaKitchen handshake. Then it's OK.(insert virtual fistbump here)
If you want something to taste sweeter sometimes you add something sour/acidic to balance and enhance the flavors. This one of those times. Lime juice and vinegar on ripe watermelon with sharp arugula and fresh black pepper, thats it. Simple.
Here's the 411
- 1/2 seedless watermelon chunked into pieces just slightly to big to eat easily but not so big you want to cut them in half.
- 1 1/2 limes cut into wedges and squeezed over the watermelon. Be sure to cut the white pith away before you squeeze them
- 1 Tablespoon white Balsamic or rice wine vinegar
- as much arugula as you want, I use about 3 or 4 cups
- fresh grated black pepper course grind
Toss the first four ingredients in a bowl and top with freshly ground black pepper.
Try this next hot day, kids love it and some will even eat the arugula. Yuppies love all things arugula and everyone else loves watermelon cut up for them.