If you have a grain intolerance or avoidance this recipe is for you. My wife and I have been eating a Paleo/Primal diet for a few months and blah blah blah blah blah. The only thing more painful then vacation photos with a newborn who just got a promotion and lost "all that baby fat " is listening to someone tell you what worked for them. If the only selling point of a recipe is "it's good for you according to my current dogma which is waaaay better then your current dogma" then you already lost. Trust me, cook it, cook it again, modify to suit your taste and cook it again. You not only will love it it will be your own.
Let's see how this went down in my Agakitchen.
Don't trust the washed out image above. Gather up these tools and ingredients
- 9x9 baking dish, spray with some non stick coating
- 2 excellent carrots, medium sized, shredded fine, did I not tell you to get your box grater? Get your box grater and use the fine blade
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 T coconut flour, sifted, very important
- 1 T cinnamon
- good pinch of cayenne or hot paprika
- 5 seconds of grating fresh ginger root on a microplaner. What does that mean?
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, sifted
- 1/2 cup dried fruit, I like golden raisins or cranberries
Mix the first four ingredients that are not a baking dish together. I use this cool batter whisk thing from King Arthur Baking.
Add all the rest of the ingredients except the dried fruit, mix well and the fold in the dried fruit.
Into the prepared dish and into the Baking Oven for 30 minutes, let cool completely before serving.