This is close to a classic Waldorf, I swapped out grapes for the apples and raisins. Let's put the poached chicken thigh recipe to good use. This will keep for 6 days after you cooked the chicken. Makes a good lunch for work / school. A little mixed green salad, a fresh croissant and you're styling in the lunch room.
Gather up these ingredients
- 1 lb. cooked chicken meat
- 1 cup toasted walnut halves, 10 minutes in Baking Oven
- 5 stalks celery, peeled and sliced on the bias. Try and make the celery similar in size to walnuts
- 8 oz. red grapes quartered
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- salt & pepper
Here's how we pull it all together
- In a large bowl put in everything but the walnuts
- mix gently, taste, adjust any salt and pepper
- add walnuts, taste.
Note: If this sits for a few days and seems a little dry add a little boiling water. Try this trick, it's a good one.