Dark green veggies are so good. Super healthful part of any well rounded diet. We'll remove the fuss and show you how you can do this everyday without ever using the hotplates. Let's start with Steamed Broccoli.
- Cut the broccoli into florets, I strive to leave the stem with a little point. Better yield and more fiber.
- Using your small roasting pan lay out the florets
- Add about 2/3 cup of water and a sprinkling of salt
- Use your inverted sheetpan as a cover and into the Roasting Oven with rack on the floor for 12 minutes. Could be more or less depending on size of florets. Use good judgement.
- Timer goes beep, out they come, strain any excess water and toss with butter or olive oil or nothing, your choice.
Easy enough, let's move on to Roast Broccoli, my favorite.
- Put your sheetpan in Roasting Oven to preheat
- Cut broccoli into florets, incorporate some of the stem
- Put florets into steel bowl and toss with EVOO and salt to taste
- Remove preheated sheet pan and add florets spacing them evenly
- Put on top rung and set timer for 10 minutes
- While broccoli is cooking crush 1/2 clove of garlic and add back to steel bowl you used previously
- Timer goes beep and out them come with a lovely little char.
- Back into steel bowl (now with a hint of garlic), toss and serve. Feeling crazy add a few shards of real parmesan to the mix. The salty sharp cheese works well with the charred broccoli, EVOO and hint of garlic